| The main objectives and outputs of the Lebanon project
October 2000, by
Development and implementation of policies for the sustainable management of wetlands and coastal areas.
- Developing the legal framework for the protection of biodiversity over the Lebanese territory.
- Strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Environment and other related ministries for the management of protected areas.
Protection and removal of root causes of the loss of biodiversity of global significance in key demonstration sites.
- Instituting and strengthening an integrated approach for the management of selected wetlands and coastal sites in Lebanon
Contributing to "closing the Mediterranean circle" in terms of biodiversity protection and sustainable management of wetlands and coastal zones through networking and training.
- Designing and implementing a national training plan ;
- Participate to the regional traning programme ;
- Exchanging technical know-how and experience within the region.
version of this page